Saturday, June 21, 2014

Bench for Ms. Scanlan's Retirement

Goodbye Ms. Scanlan....


Our principal of seven years has decided to retire at the end of this school year.  PTA asked me if we could make tiles for two benches as an appreciation gift for her.  One bench would stay at WVE and the other would go home with her.  We have 650 students and there is no way I could fit that many tiles on two benches.  So I put on my creative thinking cap and came up with finger prints shaped like a heart.  I used black under-glaze for the finger prints, a glaze pencil to write their name and then fired the tiles.  Lastly, the tiles were glazed using blues and greens.    


This is my favorite Administrative Assistant!  Her husband installs stone and tile floors.  She has watched him for years so she showed me how to attach and grout the tiles tot he benches.




Party Ready Benches!


No comments:

Post a Comment