Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Recycled Paper Flowers

Each school year the art teacher is asked to have students make some art for some occasion.  We were asked to make a center piece for a retirement party in our district.  Some of the third and fifth graders made these recycled paper flowers.  I asked the librarian for some books that they discard each year.  She gave me a whole box!  The kids traced and cut out a flower and creased each petal.  I assembled them using wire that the electricians cut and usually throw away from the ballasts in our lights.  My husband is an electrician so I have an in!  Them is assembled them in styrofoam on the basket.  Cute!  We may do these flowers again.  At the end of the school year we have a party for all of our volunteers.  Art students usually make them a gift.  Maybe we'll do these flowers.

2 comments:

  1. WVE is so fortunate to have you as our Art teacher. Blessings during the holidays! Susan Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are awesome! What a great recycling idea. I think it would be a great gift for our volunteers!

    ReplyDelete